Library administrators and document managers can force workflow actions. Learn more: What are roles?
|Finalize the current parallel workflow transition|
|Force the workflow state without triggering a transition|
Finalize the current parallel workflow transition
You may need to force a parallel workflow transition if one or more of the workflow participants isn't available to perform a workflow action. Learn more: View the status of parallel workflow transitions.
1. Open a document with a parallel workflow transition in progress or select one in a view. Then select Administrator actions in the More actions menu.
2. In the Administrator actions pop-up, select Finalize current parallel transition.
Note: If there isn't a parallel transition in progress, this option is not displayed.
3. If required, add a comment.
Note: The comment is always optional in this pop-up, even if it is set as mandatory for the workflow transition.
4. Press Save. A message appears, indicating that the workflow transition is complete.
The completed parallel transition is listed in the Transitions tab.
Note: You can't view the details of a completed parallel transition that has been forced.
Force the workflow state without triggering a transition
1. Open a document with a workflow in progress or select one in a view. Then select Administrator actions in the More actions menu.
2. In the Administrator actions pop-up, select Force to a different workflow state and select the required workflow state from the pop-up menu. You have the option to add a comment about the new workflow state.
– Only workflow states of the same type (draft or standard) are available. For example, if your document is in a draft workflow state, only other draft workflow states are available.
– If you added a description for your workflow state, it is displayed below the name of the workflow state.
Learn more: Create workflow states.
3. Press Save. A message appears, indicating that the workflow state has been changed.
The workflow state change is listed in the Transitions tab.