Dear Smartbar User,
We’re pleased to announce a new version of the Smartbar extension (V7.0).
The Smartbar supports the latest five versions of Google Chrome, so after this release, only Chrome version 62 or above will be supported.
Please note that this means that the extension will no longer update if it is already installed and the Chrome browser version is lower than 62.
Whitelist a new URL
Important: If you’re using proxies, you must make sure that the following URL is whitelisted: https://storage.googleapis.com/smartbar
Previously you whitelisted https://storage.googleapis.com/smartbar-config to access the Smartbar Google Cloud Storage (GCS) bucket in the AODocs project. We modified this bucket: it’s now in a dedicated Smartbar project.
This means that proxies which whitelisted the exact bucket URL must now either replace smartbar-config by smartbar at the end of the URL: https://storage.googleapis.com/smartbar
Use the Smartbar features in the Google Drive file preview
We’ve improved access to the Smartbar features. You can now access them directly from the Google Drive file preview within:
- the Google Drive Explorer interface
- the Standalone Google Drive file preview
We’ve also improved the behavior of the Smartbar in Grid mode. You can now use the features from the file preview instead of switching systematically to the list view.
Note: Currently, we don’t support navigation in the Google file preview. If you want to manage several files from the preview you have to open them one by one.
>> Learn more about the Smartbar features in the file preview
Use the Smartbar features in the new Gmail interface
As many of you are now using the new Gmail interface, we adapted the Smartbar features to be compatible with the two interfaces.
Alignment with the new Google Drive interface
You may have noticed that the Google Drive interface has changed. We adapted our Smartbar buttons accordingly:
- our icons are up-to-date and better integrated in the new interface
- the New menu in Secured Folders is correctly displayed (with new styles applied)
- the library picker style has been revamped to better fit in the new Google Drive interface
Smartbar logo and assets aligned with AODocs
To be consistent with the new AODocs graphical charter that appeared in release 46, we’ve updated the Smartbar logo and assets.
We’re working on the following features:
- Display the breadcrumb and the list of attachments for Document Management libraries in the file preview.
- Smartbar in Gmail:
- choose a recent location when importing an email into AODocs
- be able to convert the body and attachments when importing an email into AODocs
Version 7.0 will be rolling out on 11 June 2018.
Have a new feature idea or request for AODocs? Continue to share your ideas in our community.