By default, only users of your AODocs domain can access AODocs on your domain. As an AODocs super administrator, you can extend access to external users using the external users whitelist.
You can add external users as individuals or as Google Groups. They can then access the AODocs interface.
You can also whitelist external domains.
– An external user must own a Google Account associated with their email address.
Learn more: Access AODocs without a G Suite or Gmail account.
– An external user using AODocs is counted as licensed user.
– The Google Group must be a Google Group of the G suite domain where AODocs is installed. Any member of the group will be considered as being part of the external users whitelist.
– In Team Folders and Secured Folders: external users must be whitelisted to access the libraries via the AODocs user interface. However, contributors can add external users at the document level as additional permissions; in this case, external users can access the libraries via Google Drive without being whitelisted. Learn more: Set an additional permission in a document.
– In Document Management libraries: external users must be whitelisted.
|Access the External access settings page|
|Add users or Google Groups to the whitelist|
|Edit or remove a whitelisted email|
Access the External access settings page
2. Press External access in the left menu and select Group and user whitelist.
Add users or Google Groups to the whitelist
1. Press the Add button.
2. Enter one or more user or Google Group email addresses.
Note: You can add as many email addresses as you want.
3. Press Save.
Tips: Adding a Google Group to your whitelist lets you handle AODocs external users quickly and easily. If an external user is added to a whitelisted Google Group, this new member will become a whitelisted external user. It allows management of whitelisted users without being an AODocs super administrator.
Edit or remove a whitelisted email
1. Open the More actions menu next to an individual user. Select:
- Edit to edit the name of the individual user.
Note: You can't edit the display name of whitelisted Google Groups in AODocs. The name of the group is the one configured in G Suite groups.
- Remove to remove the email address of the individual user.
2. To remove a Google Group from the whitelist, press the Remove button. A confirmation message opens.