When configuring a worfklow, library administrators also define workflow validators. These are users who can perform manual workflow actions. They can move a document from one workflow state to another one and leave a workflow transition comment.
Learn more: What are workflows?
To perform a workflow action on a document:
1. Open a document in AODocs as a workflow validator.
2. In the action bar, select the workflow action you want to perform.
- If you have more than three actions available, the first two actions are displayed as buttons directly in the action bar and the remaining actions are available in the workflow button drop-down list.
- If you have no workflow actions to perform on the document, the workflow button and menu aren't displayed.
3. You can enter a comment related to your workflow action and select Submit.
Note: Comments can be optional or mandatory.
4. Once you have validated the document:
- the workflow state is updated
- you can see all workflow comments and actions in the Properties panel of the document, in the comments pop-up on the right
Note: If there are no workflow comments, you can still access the workflow actions in the document history.
5. If several people need to validate a workflow action on the document, select Workflow Validators from the workflow menu to check who has validated the document.
It displays all validators of the parallel validation action and sorts them into two groups:
- the validators who have not yet validated the document
- those who already have