When configuring a workflow, library administrators also define workflow participants. These are users who can perform manual workflow actions. They can move a document from one workflow state to another one and leave a workflow transition comment. Learn more: What are workflows?
This article explains how to:
|Perform workflow actions in a document|
|View the status of parallel workflow transitions|
|Perform workflow actions in a view|
Perform workflow actions in a document
1. Open a document in AODocs as a workflow participant.
2. Press the Workflow button and select the workflow action you want to perform.
Note: The Workflow button
– isn't displayed if you have no workflow actions to perform on the document
– is grayed out (unavailable) if there are mandatory properties that aren't filled in, if there are properties with invalid values, or if the document has been checked out manually
3. In the Perform workflow action pop-up, you can enter a comment related to your workflow action.
Note: Comments can be optional or mandatory. Learn more: Configure user actions for your workflows.
4. Press Submit.
5. When you submit the workflow action:
- the workflow state is updated (if all participants have completed the workflow transition)
- you can see all workflow transitions and comments in the right sidebar, which is displayed in the Properties tab and attachment tabs of the document
Note: Library administrators can define who can see the Transitions and Comments tabs. Learn more: Configure your library's general settings.
View the status of parallel workflow actions
If several people need to perform a workflow action on the document, select Workflow transition status from the More actions menu to check who has performed the action on the document.
Note: The Workflow transition status menu option is available for workflow participants and administrators only.
The Workflow transition status pop-up opens. It displays all participants of the parallel action and sorts them into two groups:
- those who have performed the workflow action
- those who have not yet performed the workflow action
Tip: To access the Workflow transition status pop-up, you can also open the Transitions tab and press See Details in the box showing the parallel transition. By default, the See details button is available to everyone who can access the document, including readers.
When the workflow transition is complete, you can open the Transitions tab and press See Details in the box showing the completed transition to see the history of the workflow transition.
Perform workflow actions in a view
1. Open a view in AODocs as a workflow participant.
2. Select one or more documents in the same workflow state.
3. Select a workflow action in the Workflow menu.
– The Workflow menu isn't displayed if you have no workflow actions to perform on the selected documents or if you selected documents in different workflow states.
– The Workflow menu is grayed out if you selected a single document with mandatory properties that aren't filled in, if there are properties with invalid values, or if the document has been checked out manually.
4. The Perform workflow action pop-up opens.
If you selected more than one document, the Perform workflow action lists the documents in which you are about to perform a workflow action.
Note: A red cross is displayed next to documents that can't be transitioned (documents with mandatory properties that aren't filled in, with properties with invalid values, or if the document has been checked out manually).
- enter a comment related to your workflow action
- press the Open document in a new tab button next to a document
Note: Comments can be optional or mandatory. Learn more: Configure workflow user actions.
5. Press Submit.
6. The Processing workflow transition pop-up opens. The workflow transition is processed in batches of 10 documents at a time.
Note: The documents marked with a red cross in the Perform workflow action pop-up are not processed.
7. Press Reload to return to your view.