Library administrators working in Team Folders or Secured Folders can:
- export or copy documents to any type of library using Google Drive storage
export folders to other Team Folders or Secured Folders
– Different export options apply to Document Management libraries. Learn more: Export documents from Document Management libraries.
– You can also export documents and folders to a user's My Drive.
Automatically generated table of contents
Before you start
Who can export and copy?
As standard in AODocs, only library administrators can export and copy documents to other libraries. They must be at least contributor in the target library and document creator in the target document class.
A custom configuration flag is available to allow contributors or readers in a library to copy documents to other libraries in which they are contributors.
Important: This custom configuration can be configured by API only. It isn't available in the administration interface. Learn more about how to activate this custom configuration using the API.
If users are prevented from duplicating documents in your document class, library administrators can only export documents or folders (they can't copy) and the export action isn't displayed at all for contributors.
What happens to properties, workflow states, permissions and previous versions?
During the export:
- Document properties are exported only if the configuration of the target library corresponds to that of the source library.
- The workflow state (if any) of exported documents reverts to the initial state of the workflow.
- Sharing permissions of exported documents and folders aren't exported.
- Previous versions aren't exported.
Export or copy a document from the document page
Open the More actions menu and select Export. Then finalize the setup and run the export or copy.
Export or copy from a view
1. In a view, select one or more documents and/or folders.
– This feature is available in the beta version of views. However, for now, in the beta version of views you can only run actions on selected documents, not on selected folders. If you want to export folders, make sure you're using standard views.
– The copy feature isn't yet available for folders.
– You can't export or copy draft documents from Team Folders or Secured Folders. If you select a draft document you can launch the export or copy, but the draft document won't be processed.
2. Open the More actions menu and select Export. Then finalize the setup and run the export or copy.
Finalize the setup and run the export or copy
1. If you selected only one or more documents (no folders), you can select either:
- Transfer to an AODocs library: the selected documents will be exported to another library
- Copy to an AODocs library: a copy of the documents will be exported to another library and the original documents will stay in the current library
If you selected one or more folders, select Transfer to an AODocs library.
2. Press Next.
3. Select the target library from the drop-down menu.
Tip: If you're working in a library with more than one document class, you can select the current library to change the document class of your document.
4. If your target library has more than one document class, you can select the class into which to export your document. A drop-down menu appears when you position your cursor in the Document class field.
Notes: The option to select a document class isn't available:
– if your source or target library is a Team Folder
– if you selected one or more folders
5. Press Export.
Notes about document classes
If you don't select a document class:
– the document is exported in the same document class if the target library has a document class that matches a selected document's class
– the document is exported to the default document class if the target library doesn't have a document class that matches a selected document's class
If you chose the current library as the target (to change the document class) and selected documents of different classes, only the remaining classes are available in the drop-down menu.
6. You can press the here button to view the progress of the export. Details of the job status open in a new tab. Learn more: Monitor the progression of jobs run from views.
During the export, AODocs:
- creates an export folder named Export - [current date and time] containing the selected documents or folders
- moves the export folder to the target library
- notifies the user who performed the export
Note: OThis operation is recorded in the library audit log.
Email notification sent to the user who launched the export
7. When the export is complete, you can:
- Reload the view (if you exported from a view): to refresh your current view in AODocs
- Open export folder (if you exported to a Team Folder or Secured Folder): to open the export folder in Google Drive
Note: In Google Drive:
– When you export a document, the document URL stays the same after the export.
– When you export a folder, the folder URL changes after the export
- Stay in current library (if you exported from the document page): to return to the current library homepage in AODocs
- Go to target library (if you exported to a Document Management library): to open the target library in the AODocs interface