Library administrators working in Team Folders or Secured Folders can export:
documents to any type of library
folders to other Team Folders or Secured Folders
– You must have library administrator permissions on the source and target libraries.
– Different export options apply to Document Management libraries. Learn more: Export documents from Document Management libraries.
Note: What happens to properties, workflow states, permissions and previous versions?
During the export:
– Document properties are exported only if the configuration of the target library corresponds to that of the source library.
– The workflow state (if any) of exported documents reverts to the initial state of the workflow.
– Sharing permissions of exported documents and folders aren't exported.
– Previous versions aren't exported.
To export a document from the document page, open the More actions menu and select Export. Then continue to step 3.
To export documents or folders from a view:
Note: This feature isn’t yet available in the beta version of views. If you’re using the beta version, switch back to standard views.
1. In a view, select one or more documents and/or folders.
2. Open the More actions menu and select Export.
3. In the export pop-up, select Transfer to another library and press Next.
4. Select the target library from the drop-down menu.
Tip: If you're working in a library with more than one document class, you can select the current library to change the document class of your document.
5. If your target library has more than one document class, you can select the class into which to export your document. A drop-down menu appears when you position your cursor in the Document class field.
Note: If your source or target library is a Team Folder, the option to select a document class isn't available.
6. Press Export.
Notes about document classes
If you don't select a document class:
– the document is exported in the same document class if the target library has a document class that matches a selected document's class
– the document is exported to the default document class if the target library doesn't have a document class that matches a selected document's class
If you chose the current library as the target (to change the document class) and selected documents of different classes, only the remaining classes are available in the drop-down menu.
7. You can press the here button to view the progress of the export.
Details of the job status open in a new tab.
During the export, AODocs:
- creates an export folder named Export - [current date and time] containing the selected documents or folders
- moves the export folder to the target library
- notifies the administrator who performed the export
Note: Other administrators and super administrators aren't notified of this action and don't have access to the exported documents. However, this operation is recorded in the library audit log.
Email notification sent to the administrator who launched the export
8. When the export is complete, you can:
- Reload the view (if you exported from a view): to refresh your current view in AODocs
- Open export folder (if you exported to a Team Folder or Secured Folder): to open the export folder in Google Drive
Note: In Google Drive:
– When you export a document, the document URL stays the same after the export.
– When you export a folder, the folder URL changes after the export
- Stay in current library (if you exported from the document page): to return to the current library homepage in AODocs
- Go to target library (if you exported to a Document Management library): to open the target library in the AODocs interface