Users can delete documents and folders from an AODocs library (if they have the permission).
When a user deletes a document or folder, the deleted item:
- goes to the AODocs library trash
- stays in the library trash for the defined library retention period and is then permanently deleted
During the retention period, library administrators can:
- permanently delete the item
- restore the item
In this article:
Automatically generated table of contents
Delete files and folders in Team Folders and Secured Folders
The AODocs Smartbar lets you delete files or folders from Team Folders and Secured Folders in Google Drive. You can also delete a file from the Google Drive file preview.
1. In Google Drive, select the file or folder you want to delete.
2. Press the Delete file or Delete folder button on the right.
Deleting a file from Google Drive
Deleting a folder from Google Drive
Alternatively, open your file in the Google Drive file preview and select Delete in the Smartbar menu
Deleting a file from the Google Drive file preview
Note: If you use the navigation buttons in the Google Drive file preview, the Smartbar menu is no longer accessible.
3. Press Delete in the confirmation pop-up.
Note: In Google Drive, contributors can delete folders that aren't empty, but only files and folders on which they have edit rights will be deleted.
When you press Delete, the deleted item becomes unavailable and then disappears after a few seconds.
The deleted item is then sent to the library trash.
Important: Only administrators can restore deleted items. Learn more:
– Display, restore or delete files from the trash
– Manage deleted documents and folders
What if you can't delete files or folders?
Library administrators can restrict contributors' permissions, to prevent them from deleting documents and folders. In this case, the delete feature is disabled for contributors.
Disabled Delete button in Google Drive
Disabled Delete option in the Smartbar menu, in the Google Drive file preview