There are two types of preview embedded in AODocs:
|Use the Google Drive preview|
|Use the advanced viewer|
– Non-Google attachments displayed in the Google Drive preview and the advanced viewer are read-only even if you have edit rights on the AODocs document.
– You can download attachments from AODocs documents and the advanced viewer. Learn more: Download attachments.
– If you have the Universal File Opener installed, you can open non-Google file attachments in their corresponding software directly from your AODocs document. Learn more: What is the Universal File Opener (UFO)?
Use the Google Drive preview
1. Open an AODocs document in any type of library.
2. In the sidebar, select the attachment you want to preview.
- Google files, such as Google documents, spreadsheets and presentations open in the Google Drive editor embedded in AODocs.
- Non-Google attachments supported by the Google Drive preview (such as PDF files and PNG files) open in the Google Drive preview embedded in AODocs.
PDF file attachment displayed in the Google Drive preview
Use the advanced viewer
Note: The advanced viewer isn’t available for external users. Learn more: Access an AODocs library as an external user.
|Medical image files||
|Visio files||*.vsd, *.vsdx, *.vsdm, *.vdx|
|HTML files||*.html, *.htm, *.xhtml, *.xhtm|
DICOM file attachment displayed in the advanced viewer