As an administrator, you can choose to translate and adapt the format of the AODocs properties in workflow emails according to a selected language. You can also set the time zone at the library level.
This allows users to receive more understandable and relevant workflow notification emails according to their language and location.
The Locale email notifications setting under General settings in the library configuration interface manages these options.
|Impact of the Locale email notifications setting|
|Change the Locale email notifications setting|
Default format of the email in English US
Impact of the Locale email notifications setting
Email notifications sent from your library are time stamped using the time zone selected in Locale email notifications.
Any custom properties included in emails sent from your library are translated into the language selected in Locale email notifications. The format of the custom properties is adapted to the corresponding locale.
- a date with Locale email notifications set to English will be displayed: Friday, July 14th, 2017.
- a date with Locale email notifications set to French will be displayed: vendredi 14 Juillet 2017.
Note: You can only select one Locale email notifications language.
By default, workflow emails display system data and document properties via placeholders.
AODocs adapts the format of the following custom property types:
- Date & Time
- You can edit the content of emails sent via a workflow by changing the text or placeholders or by adding images. Learn more here: Configure workflow notifications
- In the emails, document information such as Document creator, Last updated by... is translated. Dates are translated and the date format is adapted to the locale.
Change the Locale email notifications setting
2. Select General settings in the left panel.
3. In the language Locale email notifications drop-down menu, select one of the following:
- English (UK)
- English (US)
Note: The default value is the language used when the library was created. If the language used when the library was created isn't in the list, English US is selected by default.
4. In the time zone Locale email notifications drop-down menu, select a time zone for your library.
3. Press Save.