As an administrator, you can choose to translate and adapt the format of the AODocs properties in workflow emails according to a selected language. You can also set the time zone at the library level.
This allows users to receive more understandable and relevant workflow notification emails according to their language and location.
The Locale email notifications setting under General settings in the library configuration interface manages these options.
Note: Users can override the locale email notifications setting with a user preference that applies to all their libraries. Learn more: Set your user preferences.
|Change the Locale email notifications setting|
|Impact of the Locale email notifications setting|
|Impact of the time zone setting|
|Impact of the language setting|
Change the Locale email notifications setting
2. Select General settings in the left panel.
3. In the language Locale email notifications drop-down menu, select one of the following:
- English (UK)
- English (US)
Note: The default value is the language used when the library was created. If the language used when the library was created isn't in the list, English US is selected by default.
4. In the time zone Locale email notifications drop-down menu, select a time zone for your library.
3. Press Save.
Note: Users can also set the Locale email notifications setting and the timezone as a user preference. Learn more: Set your user preferences.
Impact of the Locale email notifications setting
You can set the time zone and the language for Locale email notifications.
Impact of the time zone setting
When you send email notifications from your library, they contain time and date fields, such as when the document was created and last updated. In your email notifications, the display of these time and date fields uses the time zone selected in Locale email notifications.
Note: This may be different from the time and date displayed in the document itself, which uses the time zone from your computer settings.
Impact of the language setting
The names of system properties included in emails sent from your library are translated into the language selected in Locale email notifications.
The format of any custom properties of the following types is translated and/or adapted to the selected language:
- Date & Time
- the values true and false for booleans are translated into the selected language
- properties of type integer and decimal are adapted according the selected language:
- 800,000 if you selected English UK or English US
- 800 000 if you selected French
- dates are translated and into the selected language:
- Wednesday, March 14th, 2018 if you selected English UK or English US
- mercredi 14 mars 2018 if you selected French
- the time display is adapted according to the selected language:
- 9:04:22 AM PDT if you selected English US
- 09:04:22 PDT if you selected French
Tip: You can edit the content of emails sent via a workflow by changing the text or placeholders or by adding images. Learn more:Configure workflow notifications.