As a library administrator, you can prevent users from creating document versions manually in Secured Folders and Document Management libraries. All new versions will be created automatically through workflow transitions.
This option is managed at the document class level.
When you disable manual versioning, the following features aren’t available from the user interface:
- Create a new version and Restore an old version
Learn more: Manage document versions in AODocs libraries
- Check-out / Check-in and Discard check-out
Learn more: Check out a document: create a draft version
- Create a new version of the existing attachment in the Upload pop-up
1. Access the library administration.
2. Select Document classes.
3. Press the name of the document class you want to configure or select Configure document class in the More actions menu. The document class configuration page opens.
4. Select the Advanced tab.
5. Select Disable manual versioning.
6. Save your changes.