Users can create a new version of a document:
- manually, in the Versions panel
- by check-in, after making modifications on a draft
Learn more: Manage document versions in AODocs libraries.
As a library administrator, you can restrict who can see the list of previous versions of documents in a given document class.
Note: This option isn't available in Team Folders.
1. Open the library administration of a Secured Folder or a Document Management library.
2. Select Document classes.
3. Press the name of the document class you want to configure or select Configure document class in the More actions menu. The document class configuration page opens.
4. Select the Advanced tab.
5. Activate the switch Restrict who can see the list of previous versions.
6. Select who can see the list of previous versions:
- Only the group – the field autofills with Google groups defined on your domain.
- Only the role – select a predefined role (administrators, contributors or readers) or a custom role from the drop-down list.
- Nobody can see the list of previous versions - the versions panel in documents is not visible for anyone, including administrators.