Users can create new versions of documents:
- manually, in the Versions panel – learn more: Manage document versions in AODocs libraries
- by check-in, after making modifications on a draft – learn more: What is check-out / check-in?
In Secured Folders and Document Management libraries, as a library administrator you can:
|Force version name of documents to be numbers|
|Define the first version name of documents|
Note: These options are defined at the level of the document class.
Force version name of documents to be numbers
1. Open the library administration interface of a Secured Folder or a Document Management library.
2. Select Document classes.
3. Press the name of the document class you want to configure or select Configure document class in the More actions menu. The document class configuration page opens.
4. Select the Advanced tab.
5. Under Version settings, select the checkbox Version names must be numeric.
Note: By default the first version name is 1. You can change it if required.
6. Press Save.
Define the first version name of documents
1. Under Version settings, change the value of the First version name field.
Note: By default the first version name is 1. If the checkbox Version names must be numeric is selected, the first version name must be a number. If the checkbox isn't selected, you can enter text or a number.
2. Press Save.