With the AODocs Smartbar installed, you can copy the structure of folders in Team Folders and Secured Folders from Google Drive.
Note: If your library administrator has configured the library so only library administrators are authorized to modify the folder structure in the library, the Copy folder structure button isn't available to users who are not library administrators. Learn more: Define who can modify the folder structure.
To copy the structure of a folder:
1. In Google Drive, select the source folder you want to copy and click the button Copy folder structure.
2. A dialog opens. You can choose a name for the new folder.
3. Click Copy.
4. The new folder and all its subfolders are copied under the parent folder of the source folder.
The copy operation:
- doesn't copy any documents located in the source folder and subfolders; it copies only the folder structure
- is limited to a structure of 200 folders maximum; if you try to copy more than 200 folders, an error message is displayed and you can't start the copy
- copies only the folders to which you have access; it ignores the folders that you can't see (and these folders aren't counted in the limit of 200 folders)
- ignores the existing permissions of the source folder tree; the new folders created by the copy operation have the same sharing permissions as the parent folder where they are created