When a user manually checks out a document, a draft version is created. You can manually discard the draft version of a document if you are authorized to edit it.
Learn more: Check out a document: create a draft version
1. There are several ways to cancel the check-out of a document. In the draft document:
- in the Properties tab, press the Discard draft button in the banner
- in the Versions tab, press the Discard draft button
Note: The Versions tab may not be visible if a library administrator has restricted its visibility. Learn more: Restrict who can see the list of previous versions.
- in any tab, select Discard draft in the More actions menu
2. A confirmation pop-up opens, indicating that all changes made in the draft version will be discarded. Press Confirm to cancel the check-out and discard the changes.
The draft version is deleted and the permissions are restored on the main version.
The user whose check-out is canceled is notified by email.