In an AODocs library, you can copy AODocs document with their properties, attachments, relations, description and permissions.
Note: Only the last version of a file is copied with its version name and description. The workflow state is reinitialized on the copy.
You can copy files if you are:
- allowed to create a file in the document class
- a reader or contributor on the document
- a contributor on the parent folder if the permissions are inherited from folders
- a contributor on the document class permissions
Learn more: Configure inherited permissions on documents
1. In Google Drive, hover your cursor over the document you want to copy.
2. Press the More actions button and select Make a copy.
3. A pop-up opens. Select where you where you want to copy the file:
- in My Drive
- in the current folder
Note: If you don't have edit rights in the current folder, you can only copy a file to My Drive.
4. Press Copy. The copy will be named Copy of [filename].
- If you copy the document to your My Drive, the workflow state and properties of the current document aren't set on the copied file.
- If you copy the document to the current folder, the workflow state isn't set on the copied file, but the properties are retained.
As a reader you can't copy a document if a library administrator has set Prevent viewers from downloading, copying and printing on the document in the AODocs interface.