To add new files and folders to Team Folders, use the same method as you use when adding files to regular Google Drive folders.
Automatically generated table of contents
Upload files and folders from your computer
You can drag and drop files and folders from your computer into a folder in a Team Folder:
You can also upload local files or folders from a file picker.
1. Access the target folder in your Team Folder using the AODocs library picker or your My Drive’s structure.
2. Click New.
3. Select File upload or Folder upload.
4. Select a file or folder from your computer in the dialog.
Important: You can't upload files using the Files feature on a Chromebook. You must use the AODocs import feature instead (see below).
5. Click Upload or Open. The file or folder is added to your Team Folder.
Note: When you import folders from your computer into AODocs, temporary files are not imported.
Import files and folders from Google Drive
You can import files and folders from Google Drive by drag and drop from your My Drive or Shared with me to the target folder in your Team Folder.
When you create a new Team Folder, it is displayed in your My Drive as a shortcut and you can't expand its folder structure in the left panel. You're recommended to:
1. Select your new Team Folder under Shared with me and then press Shift+Z.
2. Select My Drive and then click Add. The Team Folder appears in your My Drive as a folder.
3. Expand the folder structure in the left panel.
4. Drag and drop files and folders from your My Drive to the required location in your Team Folder.
When you import files to the Team Folder:
- ownership is transferred to the AODocs storage account of the Team Folder
- the files are automatically shared with all the users who have access to the Team Folder
- all previous permissions on the files are kept if the Team Folder is configured with flexible permissions
To import files and folders, you can also click the Smartbar button Import into AODocs. When using this button:
– End users and library administrators can import files and folders but these restrictions apply:
* they can import only files they own
* they can't import more than 10 folders and 100 files
– AODocs super administrators can import files and folders without any limitations
Import Google files from the Google editor
You can import Google files such as Google documents, spreadsheets and presentations directly from the Google editor.
1. Open a Google file.
2. In the Google editor, click Import into AODocs.
Note: The Import into AODocs button doesn't appear on files belonging to a shared drive.
4. Click Import to root to import the file to the root folder of the Team Folder. If you want to import the file to a subfolder, click Select a subfolder and select the required subfolder in the dialog.
5. The file is imported in the Team Folder. The owner becomes the AODocs storage account.
Import files from the Google Drive file preview
You can import files directly from the Google Drive file preview.
2. In the Smartbar menu, select Import into AODocs.
3. Follow from step 3 above.
Note: If you use the navigation buttons in the Google Drive file preview, the Smartbar menu is no longer accessible.