Chrome Management Cloud Policies are a functionality available in Google Workspace for Work and for Education editions. They allow administrators to deploy Chrome applications and extensions to all users on their domain using the Google Admin console.
|Prerequisites for deploying AODocs extensions using the Google Admin console (Cloud Policies)|
|Enable Chrome Management|
|Turn on Google Chrome Sync|
|Deploy your AODocs extension domain-wide|
Prerequisites for deploying AODocs extensions using the Google Admin console (Cloud Policies)
For Cloud Policies to work with the organization unit you specify for Chrome on Windows, macOS or Linux computers, Chrome Management must be enabled and Google Chrome Sync must be turned on in the Google Admin console.
Note: If you’re deploying an AODocs extension using these cloud-managed settings, the extension will be set up on all Chrome browser instances where users have signed in with their Google Account. This includes computers that aren't managed by your organization (for example personal or public computers where users have signed in to Chrome with their account).
Enable Chrome Management
1. Open the Google Admin console.
2. Press Devices.
3. In the left sidebar, press Chrome > Settings > Users & browsers.
4. Scroll to the section Chrome management for signed-in users and press edit.
5. In the Edit Chrome management setting pop-up, select Apply all user policies when users sign into Chrome, and provide a managed Chrome experience.
6. Press Save.
Turn on Google Chrome Sync
1. Press Apps.
2. Press Additional Google services.
4. On Google Chrome Sync service, open the More actions menu and select ON for everyone (or for the organization units where you want to apply it).
Note: When users sign in to Chrome, the history, settings and data such as bookmarks, apps, extensions, and themes, on that computer are saved and synced to their Google Accounts. When users sign in to Chrome from another computer, they retrieve all these settings and data.
Deploy your AODocs extension domain-wide
1. Press Devices.
2. In the left sidebar, press Chrome > Apps & extensions > Users & browsers.
3. Select the domain or organizational units where you want to deploy the AODocs Smartbar.
4. On the AODocs Smartbar app, select Force install from the drop-down menu.
5. Press Save.
Tip: You can check that the extension is correctly deployed domain-wide by opening a Chrome session signed in as a user on the domain and going to chrome://extensions/
End users can see the name of the AODocs extension with the indication Installed by enterprise policy. End users can't delete the extension.