As a library administrator, you can configure help text for custom properties. This provides help for end-users when they fill in properties.
You can customize help text for properties with the following field types: Integer, Decimal, Person, and String.
Help text in custom property fields
To configure help text:
2. Select Document classes and select the required document class.
3. Press Settings next to the required custom property.
4. In the pop-up, if you can:
- leave Use customized help text unselected: the default help text is displayed in custom property fields, indicating the type of data to enter, for example, text or numerical value
- select Use customized help text and enter text in the Customized help text field: the text you enter is displayed in custom property fields
Note: The customized help text is limited to 40 characters.
- select User customized help text and leave the Customized help text field empty: no help text is displayed in custom property fields