Library administrators working in Team Folders or Secured Folders can:
- export documents and folders from an AODocs library to the My Drive of any user in the domain
- copy documents from an AODocs library to the My Drive of any user in the domain
You can also export to another library. Learn more:
- Export documents or folders from Team Folders or Secured Folders
- Export documents from Document Management libraries
Note: The export action is available for library administrators only, but you can allow contributors to copy documents from one library to another. Contributors must have edit access to the documents they copy in the source library. To activate this, contact the AODocs Support team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or open a ticket.
During the export:
- the properties of exported documents are removed
- in Team Folders, the explicit permissions applied to the exported document or folders in the library are kept
- in Secured Folders, any existing sharing permissions on exported documents or folders are removed
To export a document from the document page, open the More actions menu and select Export. Then continue to step 3.
To export documents or folders from a view:
Note: This feature is available in the beta version of views. However, for now, you can only select documents and not folders in the beta version of views. If you want to export folders, make sure you're using standard views.
1. In a view, select one or more documents and/or folders.
Note: You can't export draft documents from Team Folders and Secured Folders.
2. Open the More actions menu and select Export.
3. If you selected only one or more documents (no folders), you can select either:
- Transfer to Google Drive: the attachments of the selected documents will be exported out of AODocs
- Copy to Google Drive: a copy of the attachments will be exported out of AODocs and the original documents will stay in AODocs
If you selected one or more folders, select Transfer to Google Drive
Note: The copy feature isn't yet available for folders.
5 press Next.
6. Enter the email address of the user to whom you want to give ownership and press Export.
7. You can press the here button to view the progress of the export.
Details of the job status open in a new tab.
During the export, AODocs:
- creates an export folder named Export - [current date and time] containing the selected documents or folders
- transfers ownership of the export folder and its contents to the selected user and adds the administrator as editor
- pushes the export folder into the selected user's My Drive and the administrator's My Drive
- sends a notification email to the new owner and the administrator
Note: Other administrators and super administrators aren't notified of this action and don't have access to the exported documents. However, this operation is recorded in the library audit log.
Email notification sent to the new owner
8. When the export is complete, you can:
- Reload the view (if you exported from a view): to refresh the current view
- Open export folder: to open the export folder in My Drive
- Stay in current library (if you exported from the document page): to return to the current library homepage in AODocs