In Secured Folder libraries, you can upload files and folders from your local computer or import files and folders from your Google Drive.
|Upload files and folders from your computer|
|Import files and folders from Google Drive|
|Import Google files from the document editor|
|Import files from the Google Drive file preview|
Upload files and folders from your computer
You can drag and drop files and folders from your computer into a folder in a Secured Folder:
You can also upload local files or folders from a file picker.
1. Access the target folder in your Secured Folder using the AODocs library picker or your My Drive’s structure.
2. Press New.
3. Select File upload or Folder upload.
4. Select a file or folder from your computer in the pop-up.
Important: You can't upload files using the Files feature on a Chromebook. You must use the AODocs import feature instead (see below)
5. Press Upload or Open. The file or folder is added to your Secured Folder.
Note: When you import folders from your computer into AODocs, temporary files are not imported.
Import files and folders from Google Drive
– End-users and library administrators can import files and folders but these restrictions apply:
* they can only import files they own
* they can't import more than 10 folders and 100 files
– AODocs super administrators can import files and folders without any limitations
– Library administrators and AODocs super administrators can also import folders from the AODocs interface. Learn more: Import folders from Google Drive in a Secured Folder or Team Folder.
1. In your My Drive, select a file or folder to import in the Secured Folder.
2. Press the Smartbar button Import into AODocs.
Note: The Import into AODocs button doesn't appear on files belonging to a shared drive.
4. Select the import location, press:
- Import to root: to import the item to the root folder of the Secured Folder.
- Select a subfolder: to select the required subfolder in the pop-up and import the item to a subfolder.
5. The item is imported in the library.
When files are imported to the Secured Folder:
- the ownership is transferred to the storage account of the Secured Folder
- all previous permissions on the files are removed
- the files are automatically shared with all the users who have access to the Secured Folder
Import Google files from the document editor
You can import Google files such as Google Docs, Sheets and Slides directly from the document editor.
1. Open a Google file.
2. In the document editor, press Import into AODocs.
3. Follow from step 3 above.
Import files from the Google Drive file preview
You can import files directly from the Google Drive file preview.
2. In the Smartbar menu, select Import into AODocs.
3. Follow from step 3 above.
Note: If you use the navigation buttons in the Google Drive file preview, the Smartbar menu is no longer accessible.