This article is for developers with a full understanding of how to work with our API.
Important note about the API explorer:
When you follow the link we provide to the API explorer, you'll see a red warning.
The API itself is not deprecated. It's the Google API explorer that is deprecated. All the processes described in our API articles function correctly and safely if you use this Google API explorer.
As standard in AODocs, any users you give additional Drive permissions to in Document Management libraries must be declared in the allowlist. A setting is available for AODocs super administrators to bypass the allowlist requirement in Document Management libraries.
– Bypassing the allowlist only applies to additional Drive permissions, not to the permissions of the AODocs document itself.
– If you apply the setting and then use your library to create a new library by copy, the newly created library will also have the setting enabled.
Important: As an AODocs super administrator, you can configure this library setting:
– by API only; it isn't available in the domain administration interface
– only in Document Management libraries using Google Drive; it isn't available in Secured Folders, Team Folders, or Document Management libraries using non-Google storage platforms
– only at the library level; it isn't available at the domain level
Tip: Use this API to check whether the setting is already configured in your library:
1. As an AODocs super administrator, follow this link to the AODocs API:
2. Enter the ID of the library in which you want to activate the setting. Learn how to identify the library ID.
3. In the Request body field, select
enableExternalSharingInDriveOnlyPermissions in the Add a property drop-down menu.
4. Select the check-box next to the name of the setting.
5. Click Authorize and execute. The response is displayed in the lower part of the screen.
Note: To remove the setting in a library, use the same process, but deselect the checkbox next to the name of the setting.