AODocs is fully integrated with the Google Chrome browser.
The Chrome extension AODocs Smartbar brings AODocs features directly into your Google Drive, Gmail and Google editor. The AODocs Smartbar is available only with a Google Chrome browser.
Automatically generated table of contents
Google Chrome basics and AODocs recommendations
Google Chrome profile
Google Chrome lets you sign in to your browser with your Google Account to synchronize your bookmarks, extensions, history, passwords, and other settings on all your devices.
Learn more about Google Chrome Sync: Get your bookmarks, passwords & more on all your devices.
In Google Chrome you can also create different profiles that allow you to segregate different users.
Learn more: Share Chrome with others or add a profile.
Google Accounts: sign-in
In a Google Chrome profile, you can sign in with multiple Google Accounts.
Chrome profile with multiple Google Accounts
However, we recommend that you sign in to only ONE Google Account per Google Chrome profile. This ensures that the data associated with your Google Account is not mixed with data from other Google Accounts, which often results in issues in the various Google services.
Note: If Google Sync is enabled on your Google Chrome profile, use the same Google Account to sign in.
Install the Google Chrome browser
1. Access the Google Chrome website.
2. Follow the instructions to install Google Chrome.
Associate an account with a Google Chrome session
1. In the top-right corner of Google Chrome, press the character button.
2. Press Sign in to Chrome or Sign in again.
3. Enter your account email and password.
4. You can then link data or create a new profile.
- If you press Link data, your current bookmarks and settings will be associated with the account.
- If you press Create a new profile, you will start with a "blank" session with default settings.
Tip: If you open the same session on other devices all the settings, bookmarks and history will be retrieved.
– You can only associate a Google Account with a Google Chrome session.
– When you've associated an account with a Chrome session, don't sign in to other accounts from this session. Use one account per profile.
– If you need to use another account, associate this account with a new profile.
Switch between Google Chrome sessions
1. At the top-right corner of Google Chrome, select your user name.
2. Press Manage people.
3. A pop-up appears where you can set a new session by pressing Add person.
4. Set the session name and icon then press Save.
5. The new session opens. Reproduce the steps in Associate an account with a Google Chrome session.
6. You can then access the other session by selecting your user name at the top-right corner.