Users can create a new version of a document:
- manually, in the Versions panel
- by check-in, after making modifications on a draft
As a library administrator, you can force the version names of documents to be numbers in Secured Folder libraries and Document Management libraries.
Note: This option isn't available for Team Folder libraries.
1. Open the library administration of a Secured Folder or a Document Management library.
2. Select Document classes, then select the class you want to configure.
3. Select the Security tab.
4. Select the Force numbers for version names checkbox.
5. Save your changes.