The Library Switcher lets you switch the storage platform of your AODocs libraries from Google Drive to Google Cloud Storage.
- What's the difference between Google Cloud Storage (GCS) and Google Drive storage?
- What is the Library Switcher?
This article explains how to get started with the Library Switcher.
Automatically generated table of contents
On the AODocs side
The AODocs Services Team will activate Google Cloud Services storage on your AODocs domain.
Note: AODocs Content Services licenses are required to activate Google Cloud Storage on your AODocs domain. Contact our sales team at email@example.com to learn more.
On your side
1. Make sure that no users access the library during the switch.
2. You need the following accounts to perform a switch:
- the library's storage account: this is the account you will use to configure and run the switch; in addition, you must give AODocs access to the storage account so the Library Switcher can recover and convert the Google Drive attachments
Note: You need to grant permissions to use your storage account.
- the AODocs service account firstname.lastname@example.org:
during the switch process, actions are performed in the name of this service account – you must temporarily:
Learn more about service accounts from the Google Help Center.
3. Prepare your library:
- Check in all documents in your library. If any documents are checked out, an error occurs during the switch process. Learn more:
- You are recommended to remove any documents from the trash. All documents in the trash are ignored during the switch process.
Access the Library Switcher
1. Follow this link: https://ao-docs-library-switch.appspot.com/#/
You can now switch the storage platform of your AODocs libraries.