The Library Switcher lets you switch the storage platform of your AODocs libraries from Google Drive to Google Cloud Storage or Azure Blob storage.
- Where is my content stored?
- What are the differences between the various storage platforms for AODocs?
- Google Cloud Storage (GCS) in the Google Help Center
- Azure Blob storage in Microsoft's documentation
This article provides assistance when running the switch process.
Automatically generated table of contents
If any attachments can't be converted to the new storage platform, the switch process continues and a list of the documents that failed is provided at the end of the process, along with their error messages. After correcting the documents concerned, you can rerun the switch process on the files that failed.
Errors can occur at any stage in the switch process, which cause the switch process to pause. You can either retry the library switch or perform a rollback.
This is what happens during a rollback:
- If the upload of attachments has already begun, all attachments on the new storage platform are removed from their AODocs documents and Google Drive attachments are restored. The Google Cloud Storage or Azure Blob storage attachments remain in the bucket or container.
- When the rollback is complete, the library is available to users and you can rerun a switch later.
The following can't be reversed:
- conversion of a Team Folder or Secured Folder to a Document Management library
- emails to documents configurations
View Library Switcher events in the library audit log
When you run a library switch, the following events are recorded in the library audit log:
- Lock the library
- Convert a Team Folder or Secured Folder to a Document Management Library
- In the document class, add a new property to enable attachments on the new storage platform
- In the AODocs document, convert each attachment from Google Drive to the new storage platform
Event: DOCUMENT_UPDATED (including the version ID)
Note: This removes the Google Drive attachments and adds the Google Cloud Storage or Azure Blob storage attachments at the same time.
- Set the document class for the new storage platform
- Set the library and the attachment search engine for the new storage platform
Two events: LIBRARY_UPDATED
- Unlock the library