The AODocs Retention Module is a feature of the AODocs Document Management Platform included in the AODocs Application Platform license.
|Administrators of the AODocs Retention App|
|Create Retention super administrators|
|Access the AODocs Retention Module|
|The AODocs Retention Module User Interface|
To install the AODocs Retention Module:
- AODocs must be installed on the Google Workspace domain where the libraries needing retention are located
- the AODocs Retention Module must be enabled for your Google Workspace domain – contact your AODocs sales representative or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- define the value of your Basic Offset field, which is defined at the domain level and used to calculate the date when retention begins for your documents – contact your AODocs sales representative or send an email to email@example.com
Administrators of the AODocs Retention Module
The AODocs Retention Module has three types of administrator:
- AODocs super administrators: configured in the AODocs domain administration
- Library administrators: configured in the library administration in AODocs libraries
- Retention super administrators: configured as members of a specific Google Group – learn more: Create Retention super administrators
Create Retention super administrators
To define a list of AODocs retention super administrators, you can set up a Google group and populate it with users to whom you want to grant the AODocs retention super administrator role. Configure this Google group to accept emails coming from other domains.
1. Open the Google Admin console.
2. Select Groups.
3. Create a new Google group or open a Google group you own.
4. Under Manager users in [Name of group] add the required members.
5. Under Access Settings select Basic permissions.
6. In the Post drop-down menu, select Anyone on the Web.
7. Press Save.
Access the AODocs Retention Module
You can access the AODocs Retention Module if you are:
- an AODocs super administrator
- a Retention super administrator
- an AODocs library administrator
1. Follow the link to the AODocs Retention Module.
2. Sign in using your Google Account.
The AODocs Retention Module user interface
The AODocs Retention Module has several tabs:
- Active libraries – lists your active libraries
- Pending libraries – lists your pending libraries
- Retention schedules – lists your current retention schedules
- Reports – lets you generate various retention reports for libraries in your domain
- Lock / Unlock documents – lets you unlock and relock documents pending deletion. Unlocking a document gives edit rights to contributors.
To assign retention schedules using the AODocs Retention Module, you must: