Folio provides an easy way for users to create and manage pre-configured libraries for specific business use cases.
– Folio is subject to a specific license agreement. For more information, contact your sales representative or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Google users and Microsoft users can access Folio.
– You can use Folio in Document Management libraries using any storage platform. Learn more: Where is my content stored?
Users can create a new pre-configured library from a specially configured AODocs Folio library.
They can manage the lifecycle of the new library:
- through a document:
- create a document in the AODocs Folio library: a library is created
- change the permissions in the document: the permissions in its associated library are updated
- perform a workflow action: access to the library is restricted or allowed
- delete the document: the library is deleted
- through workflow actions in the document:
- create a document in the AODocs Folio library then perform a workflow action: a library is created
- change the permissions in the document then perform a workflow action: the permissions in its associated library are updated
- perform a workflow action to delete the library without deleting the document
Note: If using workflow actions to manage the library lifecycle, access to the library is restricted or allowed directly through the workflow configuration.
The Folio app is used to define:
- which Folio library to use – this is the library where users will create documents and perform workflow actions to trigger the creation of new libraries
- the document class
- a set of permissions that will be propagated to all libraries created through this Folio configuration
- which template libraries are associated with the Folio library: each template library has its own specific set of permissions, configuration (document classes, workflows, properties, and so on) and content (documents and folders) – users select a template library from a Category property in the document they create in their Folio library
- the AODocs storage account, Google Cloud Storage bucket or Azure container to use for libraries created with this Folio configuration
The library that is created is an exact copy of the template library, plus any other configurations defined in the Folio app, such as permissions and the storage platform.