AODocs authentication is based on Google Accounts. However, users without a Google Account can collaborate in AODocs in one of the following ways:
- Access the AODocs platform
If you don’t have a Google Workspace or Gmail account and you want to keep your current email address to work in AODocs, follow the procedure described in this article. It describes how to create a Google Account associated with your non-Gmail address. This will allow you to access the AODocs and Google Drive interfaces.
- Access AODocs document attachments
If your company or organization has signed up to our early access program, contributors can share document attachments in Secured Folders and Document Management libraries with non-Google users. This is based on Google's visitor sharing feature, which is integrated into AODocs. To request access to the early access program, contact your sales representatives or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Access the following page: Sign up without Gmail
2. Enter your non-Gmail address and details, then press Next.
An email is sent to your non-Gmail address containing a verification code.
3. Enter the verification code into the Verify your email address pop-up and press Verify.
4. Enter your personal information and press Next.
Your account is created and you are directed to your Google Account page.
6. To access Google Drive: open the app launcher and select Drive.
Note: To access Secured Folders and Document Management libraries, you must be allowlisted as an external user by an AODocs super administrator and be added to the library permissions by a library administrators.
Learn more: Manage external users