As a library administrator, you can configure custom actions to trigger a specific custom script when a document enters or leaves a workflows state.
1. Access the library administration and select Workflows.
2. Click a workflow name to open the workflow configuration.
3. Select a workflow state and click Customize to configure a new custom action.
4. Click Add new action.
Note: You can configure multiple custom actions in one workflow state.
5. Fill in the settings of the newly created custom action:
- Action name: This value can be retrieved in your custom script by calling the method _getDisplayName
- Event: Choose when to trigger the custom script:
- run when document enters this state before inbound transition is completed
- run when document enters this state after inbound transition is completed
- run when document leaves this state before outbound transition is completed
- run when document leaves this state after outbound transition is completed
- Script name: Select the custom script you want to trigger from the drop-down list.
Note: You can only select Workflow Transition Action custom scripts. Learn more: Create custom scripts.
6. Check the Parameters table.
Tip: As a custom script can be triggered on several workflow states, the custom script code can call specific parameters from the Parameters table. When configuring a custom script action, you can modify the second column Values of the Parameters table to adapt the custom script for the action you are configuring.