As an end user, you can use the Google Drive feature Add shortcut to Drive to add any files and folders you have access to from your browsing tree under your My Drive.
This Google Drive feature also applies to items managed by AODocs. You can add AODocs libraries, subfolders and documents to your My Drive.
Notes: You can add:
– subfolders only in Team Folders or Secured Folders
– any files managed by AODocs to your My Drive, regardless of the type of library
Important: For Team Folders or Secured Folders, administrators can automatically push a shortcut of a whole library to the My Drive of all users. In this case, end users can’t remove the library from their My Drive, but they can organize the library in their My Drive.
This article explains how to:
Automatically generated table of contents
Add a folder managed by AODocs to your My Drive
1. Select a library from the AODocs library picker.
The AODocs library opens and the library name appears in the breadcrumb. The subfolders are displayed in the view.
2. Check the breadcrumb:
- Shared with me > Name of the library: the library isn't added to your My Drive and you can add it.
- My Drive > ... > Name of the library: the library is already added to your My Drive, you can’t add it a second time. The breadcrumb displays the location of your library in your My Drive.
3. To add the library to your My Drive, press the library name in the breadcrumb and select Add shortcut to Drive.
Note: If your library is already added to your My Drive, the Add shortcut to Drive option isn't available.
4. If you want to add a subfolder to your My Drive, right-click the folder name and select Add shortcut to Drive.
You can access the added items in your browsing tree on the left.
Add a file managed by AODocs to your My Drive
1. Select a library from the library picker.
The AODocs library opens and the library name appears in the breadcrumb. The subfolders and files are displayed in the view.
2. Add your folder:
- If you are in a view: Select a file, right-click and select Add shortcut to Drive.
- If you have opened a Google file in the Google editor: press the Add shortcut to Drive button.
- If you have opened a non-Google file in the Google Drive preview: press the Add shortcut to Drive button.
Organize your files and folders in your My Drive
When files or folders managed by AODocs are added to your My Drive, you can organize them under your personal My Drive structure.
1. You can move a file or folder within your personal folders of your My Drive using drag-and-drop.
– You can’t move a library or its subfolders into another AODocs library.
– You can move a library to a personal folder.
2. You can add shortcuts. Learn more: