Improvements to the across all libraries search
Improvements we would like to see:
- search should behave in the same way as internal library search (ie search on metadata, ability to select whether or not to search in attached files)
- ability to select libraries to search in (ie not all)
- numerical count of results
- ability to sort by column headings
- ability to filter results
Furthermore, when files are shared with a group of more than 200 members, they are not indexed until opened by a user and will not show up in the all libraries search result for them if this hasn't occurred.
We would expect all results to be returned for all users, as in the internal library search.
Your last comment refers to a known limitation of Google Drive related to the subscriptions. We believe it is a safe guard established to increase the responsiveness of Google Drive interface.
While we understand the technical reason for the behaviour, it can have a negative impact on users who require searching across multiple libraries.
As such, we would like to see improvements if possible.
We would also like to have search across libraries improved as described in the first post (biggest priorities for us would be search on metadata and picking which libraries to search)
Is it also possible to integrate the 'Did you mean' recommandation of Google Drive in AODocs: it is really useful for users who make small mistakes.
Please sign in to leave a comment.