The relations feature lets you create links between documents (items) that are related to each other.
Related items can be of the same or a different document class. They are displayed in your document’s Properties tab.
As a contributor, you can add existing items as relations in your document. You can also remove them. Learn more: Remove relations.
– The relations feature isn't available in Team Folders. It's available in Secured Folders and Document Management libraries if, for the current document class, an administrator has configured at least one relation and selected one or more relations for display.
Learn more: Configure relations and Select relations to display and define their order.
– You can create or add as many relations as you want in your document.
1. Open a document and select the Properties tab.
Note: You can add related items in view mode or edit mode.
2. Under Related items, click the Add related item button next to a relation title. In the example below, Invoices was selected.
3. Search for one or more items to add. You can:
- enter search text
- press Enter to list items that can be related
Tip: Document creators can also create new related items in this dialog if the document is in view mode. Learn more: Create new related items.
4. Select one or more items to relate.
5. Click Add selected items. The selected items are listed in the Related items section of your document.