The Library Switcher lets you switch the storage platform of your AODocs libraries from Google Drive to Google Cloud Storage.
- What's the difference between Google Cloud Storage (GCS) and Google Drive storage?
- What is the Library Switcher?
This article explains how to get started with the Library Switcher.
|Access the Library Switcher|
On the AODocs side
The AODocs Services Team will activate Google Cloud Services storage on your AODocs domain.
Note: AODocs Content Services licenses are required to activate Google Cloud Storage on your AODocs domain. Contact our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
On your side
1. Make sure that no users access the library during the switch.
2. You need the following accounts to perform a switch:
- the library's storage account: this is the account you will use to configure and run the switch; in addition, you must give AODocs access to the storage account so the Library Switcher can recover and convert the Google Drive attachments
Note: You need to grant permissions to use your storage account.
- the AODocs service account email@example.com:
during the switch process, actions are performed in the name of this service account – you must temporarily:
Learn more about service accounts from the Google Help Center.
3. Prepare your library:
- Check in all documents in your library. If any documents are checked out, an error occurs during the switch process. Learn more:
- You are recommended to remove any documents from the trash. All documents in the trash are ignored during the switch process.
Access the Library Switcher
1. Follow this link: https://ao-docs-library-switch.appspot.com/#/
You can now switch the storage platform of your AODocs libraries.