This article is for developers with a full understanding of how to work with our API.
Important note about the API explorer:
When you follow the link we provide to the API explorer, you'll see a red warning.
The API itself is not deprecated. It's the Google API explorer that is deprecated. However, all the processes described in our API articles function correctly and safely if you use this Google API explorer.
As a library administrator, you can configure where relations are displayed on the document page on behalf of your customers.
A relation may be particularly meaningful in given situations, and it's useful to be able to adapt the display of relations on the document page correspondingly. For example, a relation may be the parent task of a sub-task, or the project for a meeting. In such cases, you can display the relation at the very top of the screen, while leaving other relations (third parties, participants, and so on) in less prominent positions. This adds clarity and offers a visual hierarchy of the importance of certain items.
Important: Relations can be reoganized by API only. This feature is not available in the administration interface.
This article explains how to:
Automatically generated table of contents
Add a display customization for relations
1. Follow this link to the API:
2. Enter the ID of the relation you want to customize. Learn how to identify the relation ID.
3. Position your cursor in the Patch body field. Depending on the setup of your relation, select one of the following in the add a property menu:
Important: For self related (simple) relations, select left. Never select selfRelated.
In our example, we selected right because we want to change the way the "Contracts" relations are displayed in documents in the "Invoice" document class.
4. Select displayBefore in the add a property menu within the field you defined in the previous step.
4. Enter one of the following values in the displayBefore field to specify the panel above which you want the relation to be displayed:
INFO: the relation will be displayed before the system properties panel
5. Click Authorize and execute. The response is displayed in the lower part of the screen.
In our example, the "Contracts" relation in documents in the "Invoice" class is now displayed at the top of the document page, before the system properties. By default, all other relations remain in the Related items section.
Remove a display customization for relations
Follow the same procedure as for adding a customization for relations, but click the null button to the right of the displayBefore field.
Important: Don't enter the value
When you click Authorize and execute, the relation will be displayed in the Related items section of the document page.