Migrate for AODocs is a tool that allows you to migrate files and folders into your AODocs libraries.
Important: Migrate for AODocs is currently available for our service teams only. For EAP access, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|The migration panel|
|Edit the configuration of a migration|
|View your completed migrations|
|Remove migration cards from the migration panel|
The migration panel
In the migration panel, you can monitor the progress of your migrations through the different migration phases. Learn more: What is Migrate for AODocs?
Tip: Press Refresh in the bottom right of the migration panel to ensure the information in the panel is up to date. This doesn't update the count of processed documents for a given migration; there's a specific button on migration cards in the creation phase for this.
Each card corresponds to a migration in the current workspace.
Learn more: Basic definitions: workspaces.
Progress across the migration panel takes place as follows:
- When you start a migration, it progresses through the extraction phase and stops at the upload phase.
- Press Start upload on the migration card. The migration progresses to the validation phase.
- Press Start background process on the migration card. The migration progresses to the setup phase.
- Press Start background process on the migration card. The migration progresses to the creation phase and Migrate for AODocs creates your new AODocs documents. The migration then disappears from the migration panel. Learn more: View your completed migrations.
- The split phase is a technical phase during the creation of your documents. The Split column briefly appears when migrations are in this phase. It then disappears.
– If you selected Skip user validation in your configuration, your migration proceeds directly through all phases without user validation. Learn more: Common options for all migration types.
– If an error occurs, the card can't progress through the remaining phases until you correct the error – Learn more: Manage errors.
The status indicator at the top right of the cards has the following meanings:
|Blue||Migration is running|
|Orange||Migration is paused, waiting for user action due to missing information|
|White||Migration is pending / waiting for user to confirm to send migration to next phase|
|Red||An error has occurred – learn more: Manage errors|
Note: Migrations can be pending in the extraction, validation, upload, and setup phases. It means they are waiting for Gateway action or user action to continue. Learn more: Basic definitions: Gateway.
Edit the configuration of a migration
1. Select Edit in a migration card.
2. Make the required changes.
Note: You can’t change the migration identifier.
3. Press Save.
Tip: If your migration is in error status, details of the error are displayed in the top line of the list of phases. Learn more: Manage errors.
To duplicate an existing migration, press the Copy button in the edit migration popup. A new migration is created and progresses through the migration phases in the normal way. You can make any required adaptations to your duplicated migration.
View your completed migrations
Press the Open completed migrations button on the right of the main screen.
Remove migration cards from the migration panel
Note: This has no impact on any of the documents that are being migrated or that have been migrated.
1. Select Edit in a migration card.
2. Press Delete. A confirmation message opens.
3. Press OK to confirm.
If an error occurs during your migration, the status indicator on the migration card displays red.
Press the Check runs button to open a popup with a description of your error.
You can also press the Edit migration button. The description of the error appears at the top of the list of events for your migration. You can correct the error and the press Retry to relaunch your migration. The current phase restarts.