AOBulk is a tool that allows you to migrate files and folders into your AODocs libraries.
Important: AOBulk is currently available for our service teams only. For EAP access, contact email@example.com.
|The migration panel|
|Edit the configuration of a migration|
|Run incremental migrations|
|Remove migration boxes from the migration panel|
The migration panel
In the migration panel, you can monitor the progress of your migrations through the different migration phases. Learn more: What is AOBulk?
Tip: Press Refresh in the top left of the migration panel to ensure the information in the panel is up to date.
Each box corresponds to a migration in the current migration group.
When you start a migration, it progresses through the extraction, upload and setup phases. When your migration is in the setup phase, press the Check’n run button to continue and create your new AODocs documents. The migration then progresses through the remaining phases.
The colors of boxes have the following meaning:
|Gray||Migration is pending|
|Green||Migration has finished|
|Blue||User has highlighted the migration box with the cursor|
|Orange||Migration is running|
|Yellow||Migration is on standby (there’s missing information that you must enter)|
|Red||An error has occurred|
Note: Migrations can be pending in the extraction, upload, and setup phases. It means they are waiting for Gateway action (during extraction or upload) or user action (during setup) to continue.
You can choose which migration phases to display and whether to display them in list, table or column mode.
Edit the configuration of a migration
1. Select Edit context in the drop-down menu in a migration box.
2. Make the required changes.
Note: You can’t change the migration identifier.
3. Press Save.
Tip: If your migration is in error status, details of the error are displayed in the top line of the list of phases.
Run incremental migrations
Incremental migrations let you run an initial migration while continuing to edit your source files. You can then run any number of incremental migrations to migrate only the documents that have been changed or added since you ran the last migration. Incremental migrations identify any differences between your source files and the files you’ve already migrated.
When you run incremental migrations, you must use the AODocs storage account as your uploader account because AOBulk needs to access the documents that are already in AODOcs to be able to compare your source files with your migrated files. You mustn’t make any other changes to the migration configuration or the migration spreadsheet.
Important: You mustn't change the configuration of your migration when you run incremental migrations. Don't change the library, document class or uploader account that you defined for your first run.
1. Run a migration. When your migration is complete, it’s displayed in the Report column.
2. Select Edit context in the drop-down menu in the migration box.
3. Select the AODocs storage account as the uploader account and press Save.
4. If you enabled the cache when you ran your migration, you must manually clear the cache.
5. Select Incremental in the drop-down menu in the migration box. The migration returns to the extraction phase and any files that have been modified or added since you ran your initial migration are added to the migration spreadsheet.
6. When the migration is in the setup phase, press the Check’n run button to continue and create your new AODocs documents. When your incremental migration is complete, it’s displayed in the Report column.
You can run as many incremental migrations as required.
If an error occurred in the creation phase, you can correct the error and then re-import your migration. This returns your migration to the setup phase. This avoids rerunning the extraction and upload phases, which may take some time for large migrations.
1. Select Reset to pending in the drop-down menu in a migration box.
2. Select Re-import. The migration returns to the setup phase.
3. Press Click’n run to continue and create your documents in AODocs.
Remove migration boxes from the migration panel
You can remove migration boxes from the migration panel.
Note: This has no impact on any of the documents that are being migrated or that have been migrated.
1. Select Delete in the drop-down menu in a migration box. A confirmation message opens.
2. Press OK to confirm.