As a library administrator, you can prevent users from creating document versions manually. All new versions will be created automatically through workflow transitions.
This option is managed at the document class level.
When you disable manual versioning, the following features aren’t available from the user interface:
- Create a new version and Revert to an old version
Learn more: Manage document versions in an AODocs library
- Check-out / Check-in and Discard check-out
Learn more: Create a draft version of a document
- Create a new version of the existing attachment in the Upload pop-up
To disable manual versioning:
2. Select Document classes.
3. Press the name of the document class you want to configure.
4. In the Security tab, select Disable manual versioning.
5. Save your changes.