The Universal File Opener (UFO) is a Google Chrome extension. It enhances the Google Drive and AODocs experience by allowing you to:
- open non-Google files locally on your computer using the corresponding software
- save the changes you made locally back to Google Drive or AODocs
You can view whether files are locked in Google Drive before opening them.
– Only shared files are locked by UFO.
– The lock status is available in Google Drive only if you're using UFO as a standalone extension without the AODocs Smartbar. Learn more: What is the AODocs Smartbar?
Tip: You can also access the lock status of files by accessing your cached files. Learn more: View and manage your cached files.
Hover over a non-Google file in Google Drive. A pop-up indicates whether the file is:
- locked by another user - you can't edit the file until the lock expires, but you can open it in view mode
- unlocked - you can open and edit the file