You can embed external content with iframes in your AODocs library homepage and document description. This lets you create dynamic content in AODocs that automatically updates when the source is updated.
Automatically generated table of contents
Where can you embed external content in AODocs?
You can embed external content in:
- your AODocs library homepage
- your document page description
What kind of external content can you embed in AODocs?
You can embed the following types of external content:
- published Google documents, spreadsheets, presentations, drawings, and forms
- Google Looker Studio (formerly known as Data Studio) reports
- Google Calendars
- Awesome Table views
- YouTube videos
- Google Drive files that can be embedded as previews: Office files, PDF files, images, and videos
- Power BI reports
Embed your external content
First copy the embeddable HTML code from the source content of the page you want embed. To do this, refer to the following:
- Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings, and Forms
- Looker Studio
- Google Calendar
- Awesome Table
- Power BI reports
Embed content in your library homepage
Note: You must be a library administrator.
1. On your library homepage, access the Home tab.
2. Click the Edit description button.
3. In edit mode, open the Tools menu and select Source code.
4. Paste the embeddable HTML at the place where you want it to appear in your welcome message.
5. Click Save.
Learn more: Customize your library homepage.
Embed content in your document description
Note: You must have edit rights on the document.
1. Open your document and click the Edit button.
2. In the Description section, open the Tools menu and select Source code.
3. Paste the embeddable HTML at the place where you want it to appear in your document description.
4. Click Save.
- Create documents in Document Management libraries
- Create documents in Team Folders and Secured Folders