Attachments are listed in the sidebar of your document. In Document Management libraries you can also access attachments in the Properties tab, under Attachments.
When your document has Google files (such as Google documents, spreadsheets or presentations) as attachments, you can open the attachment in the Google editor. You can then perform AODocs actions in the Google editor.
|Open Google file attachments in the Google editor|
|Navigate using the breadcrumb|
|Access all the attachments in your document|
|Display and edit properties and workflows|
Note: There are some minor limitations when working with Google file attachments in the AODocs document editor.
Open Google file attachments in the Google editor
1. Open a document in any type of library.
2. In the sidebar, press the Open in a new tab button next to a Google file attachment. A new tab opens and the attachment is displayed in the Google editor.
Important: To benefit from AODocs features in the Google editor, install the AODcs Smartbar.
Navigate using the breadcrumb
The breadcrumb indicates where the attachment is located: its document and its library.
When you press an item in the breadcrumb, the corresponding page opens:
- in the AODocs interface for Document Management libraries
- in Google Drive for Team Folders and Secured Folders
Access all the attachments in your document
Note: This feature is available only for Document Management libraries.
1. In the Google editor, open the Attachments menu and select an attachment. A new tab opens, displaying the attachment in the Google editor.
Note: The Attachment menu displays the number of attachments of the document.
Display and edit properties and workflows
1. In the Google editor, press the Show / Edit file properties & workflow button. A pop-up opens, displaying the system and custom properties and the workflow state.
2. If you are a validator of the document, you can perform workflow actions from this pop-up.
3. If you are a contributor of the document, you can press the Edit document properties button to update the values of the custom properties.