In a Secured Folder library, administrators can modify the visibility, and the actions users are allowed to do on the folders.
To manage the folder properties, access the administration console (1).
Accessing the administration console
Then, open the “Categories” section (2).
When the category list is displayed, click on the “Properties” button (3) of the category “Folder”.
Opening the “Categories” section and Folder’s properties
From here, you have 3 settings:
- Folder visibility (4) has 2 options available:
- “The folders are visible in Google Drive for all readers of the library”: if this option is selected, then the files and folders of the AODocs library will be visible in Google Drive in the form of a Google Drive folder structure, and the library will be listed in the Smartbar library picker.
- “The folders can only be viewed though AODocs”: if this option is selected, the files and folders of the AODocs library can only be accessed via the AODocs user interface. The files of the AODocs library can be found by keyword search in Google Drive, but when accessed from Google Drive they are not attached to any Google Drive folder.
- Only admins can create/modify/delete folders (also available in Document Management libraries) (5): If this option is checked then only administrators can create, rename, share, move or delete library subfolders.
- Only admins can edit the root folder (6): If this option is checked then only administrators can delete, edit, move or create files and folders in the library’s root folder.
Configuring the folder settings