As a library administrator, you can enable external users to access your AODocs library.
Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Contact the super administrators of your domain. They can allowlist individual users, domains or Google groups. Learn more: Manage external users.
- Step 2: Add your external users to the library security interface.
- Step 3: Make sure your external users receive an email with a link to your library.
External users have to access the AODocs user interface. They must follow the link they receive and accept the permissions required to access AODocs library homepage. Learn more: Access an AODocs library as an external user.
Two options are available to share your AODocs library:
|In Team Folders or Secured Folders|
|In all types of library|
Note: In our example:
– the administrator of the AODocs library is Bob, email@example.com
– the external user who doesn’t have an AODocs account and wants to access Bob's library is firstname.lastname@example.org. A super administrator has allowlisted this user.
In Team Folders or Secured Folders
1. Press the Library security button. The Library security pop-up opens.
2. In the Root folder permissions tab, enter the email address of the external user and press Add.
3. Define the external user's permissions.
4. If required, select the checkboxes:
- Add a library shortcut to the My Drive of every user
- Notify users by email when you the library shortcut is added to their My Drive
Note: We recommend that you select the Notify users via email checkbox. The user will automatically receive an email notification, indicating that they have access to the library.
- Prevent viewers from downloading, copying and printing
5. Press Save. A green bar appears on the top of the page.
Below is the email notification that the external user receives:
In all types of library
Copy the URL of your AODocs library and send it manually to your external user by email or chat.
Below is an example of an email notification that the external user could receive:
Individualized email sent to your external user