AODocs uses the Google Drive application programming interface (API) to automatically detect new content added to your AODocs folders. This allows you to conveniently import your files and folders by a simple drag-and-drop operation in Google Drive. However, there are a few cases when AODocs may not be able to import some of the files:
- If the user adding the file to an AODocs folder only has “view only” access to the file, the folder’s permissions won't be added to the file and AODocs will be unable to detect it.
- If an unexpected Google Drive error happens during the ownership transfer process, the file may not be imported by AODocs.
- If the user adding the file to an AODocs folder isn't the owner of the file and can't modify the file's permissions, the folder’s permissions won't be added to the file and AODocs won't be able to detect it.
In these cases, the imported file isn't visible in the AODocs user interface and isn't owned by the AODocs storage account. To fix the issue, a super administrator can find the missing files and finish the import operation.
1. Open your library in the AODocs interface.
2. Press the arrow to the right of a folder and select Check ownership.
A pop-up opens, warning you that checking the ownership might take time and make the other operations on your domain slower. Google Drive takes up to 5 seconds per file or folder to transfer the ownership.
If you expect the procedure to find a lot of missing files, we recommend that you perform this operation during a low activity period (for example, overnight or during a weekend).
If you select the Check and fix the permissions as well checkbox, AODocs will check if the permissions on files and folders in Google Drive are consistent with the permissions defined in AODocs. If this is not the case, the permissions defined in AODocs will be applied to the items in Google Drive.
3. Press Yes.
A progress bar appears at the top of the screen.
Learn more: Manage jobs
4. For more information, press View more details. A pop-up opens, indicating how many folders have been successfully checked, how many folders remain to be checked and if there are any errors.