Libraries are document containers. A library is associated with a single storage account that owns all the documents of your library. Each library has its own specific configuration.
In AODocs, you can create a library from a template, i.e. a library preconfigured to answer a specific use case.
Important: Only the library creators can create a new library. This roles is defined and managed at the domain level by the by AODocs super administrators. Learn more here: Manage Library Creators.
To create a new library from a template:
1. From the AODocs homepage, click on the “CREATE” tab.
2. In the the left panel of the “CREATE” tab, select library template under the "Library templates" section.
A description of the library appears on the right side. The description presents the main features of the template library and provides you with some tutorials.
Note: You can identify the type of library of each template thanks to the icon on the left:
stands for Document Management libraries and opens in AODocs.
stands for Team Folder and Secured Folder libraries and opens in Drive and AODocs.
3. Click on “Create Library” to create your new library.
4. In the library creation pop-up appears, enter the name of your new library.
Note: The library name can contain any kind of character (including special characters) but the library name must be unique (two libraries can not have the same name).
5. Select a storage account for your new library.
Note: If you have only one storage account configured on your domain, it is selected by default. If several storage accounts have been configured, select the storage account you want to assign to this library from the list of available storage accounts. Learn more here: The AODocs storage account
6. Click on "Create Library" to create your library according to the selected template.
Your library is now created. For Document Management libraries, you are redirected to the homepage of your library in the AODocs User Interface. For Team Folder and Secured Folder libraries, you are redirected to the root folder of your library in the Google Drive Interface. Once the library is created, the library creator receives an email to confirm the success of the library creation.
7. Apply permissions and start using your preconfigured library.
Important: When creating a library from a template:
- The library is shared only with the library creator.
- Templates documents and attachments are copied from the template library.