Libraries are document containers. A library is associated with a single storage account that owns all the documents of your library. Each library has its own specific configuration.
In AODocs, you can create a library by copy, i.e. a library preconfigured according to an existing library. Only the configuration of the source library is created, the documents and permissions are removed.
Important: Only the library creators can create a new library. This roles is defined and managed at the domain level by the by AODocs super administrators. Learn more here: Manage library creators.
To copy an existing library:
1. From the AODocs homepage, click on the “CREATE” tab.
2. In the the left panel of the “CREATE” tab, click on "Copy library".
3. In the library creation pop-up appears, enter the name of your new library.
Note: The library name can contain any kind of character (including special characters) but the library name must be unique (two libraries of your domain can not have the same name).
4. Select an existing source library.
5. Select a storage account for your new library.
Note: If you have only one storage account configured on your domain, it is selected by default. If there are several storage accounts configured, select the storage account you want to assign to this library from the list of available storage accounts. Learn more here: The AODocs storage account
6. Click on "Create Library" to create your library according to the selected template.
Your library is now created. For Document Management libraries, you are redirected to the homepage of your library in the AODocs User Interface. For Team Folder and Secured Folder libraries, you are redirected to the root folder of your library in the Google Drive Interface. Once the library is created, the library creator receives an email to confirm the success of the library creation.
Note: For large Team folder or Secured folder libraries, there might be a propagation time to see the library in Drive. If the creation process takes too long, the system might display a message informing you that you are not able to see your new library on Google Drive for the moment. You can still open your Team Folder library in AODocs by clicking on “Open in AODOCS”.
7. Apply permissions and start using your preconfigured library.
Important: When copying a library:
- The copied library is shared only with the library creator. All existing permissions on the source library are removed.
- Documents from the source library are not copied in the new library.