Libraries are document containers. A library is associated with a single storage account that owns all the documents in your library. Each library has its own specific configuration.
In AODocs, you can create a library by copy. Your new library is preconfigured according to an existing library. Only the configuration of the source library is created, the documents and permissions are removed.
Important: Only library creators can create a new library. This role is defined and managed at the domain level by AODocs super administrators. Learn more: Manage library creators.
To copy an existing library:
1. On the AODocs homepage, press the Create library button.
2. At the bottom of the Create library screen, press Copy library.
3. In the Copy library configuration pop-up, enter the name of your new library.
Note: The library name:
- can contain any characters, including special characters
- must be unique; two libraries in your domain can't have the same name
4. Select the library you want to copy.
5. Select a storage account for your new library.
Note: If you have only one storage account configured on your domain, it is selected by default. If there are several storage accounts configured, select the storage account you want to assign to this library from the list of available storage accounts. Learn more: The AODocs storage account.
6. Press Create library.
Your library is now created. For Document Management libraries and Secured Folder libraries, you are redirected to the homepage of your library in the AODocs User Interface. For Team Folder libraries, you are redirected to the root folder of your library in the Google Drive Interface. The library creator receives an email to confirm that the library has been created.
Note: For large Team Folder or Secured Folder libraries, there may be a delay in seeing the new library in Google Drive. If the creation process takes too long, the system may display a message informing you that you can't see your new library on Google Drive for the moment. You can still open your library in AODocs by selecting Open with > AODocs.
7. Apply permissions and start using your preconfigured library.
Important: When you copy a library:
- The copied library is shared only with the library creator. All existing permissions on the source library are removed.
- Documents from the source library aren't copied in the new library.