With the AODocs Smartbar, you can view and edit the properties of your AODocs documents directly from Google Drive.
1. Hover over a document managed by AODocs in Google Drive and press Show / Edit the properties & workflow.
- This button appears only if your library administrator has defined one or more custom properties or a workflow for your document class.
- This button doesn't appear if you do a search in all your Google Drive files. However, it is shown when you use the AODocs search in folder feature.
Learn more: Search for files in your Team Folders and Secured Folders
2. The Document information pop-up opens. It has the following sections:
- title with a link to open the file
the Workflow Status section (if a workflow is associated with the document) displays the workflow status of the document, the transitions available and any comments added during the last action
Learn more: Perform workflow actions from Google Drive
- the Information section displays the system properties of the document
- the Properties section displays the custom properties defined in the document’s class, if any
3. If you have edit permissions on the document, an Edit button is displayed. Press it to open a pop-up where you can edit the document properties.
4. Scroll down to the Properties section and edit the required properties.
5. Press the Save button.
The document information pop-up is also available in the Google Docs, Spreadsheets and Slides editor.
Accessing the Document information pop-up from a Google document