With the AODocs Smartbar, you can view and edit the properties of your AODocs documents directly from Google Drive.
1. Hover over a document managed by AODocs in Google Drive and press Show / Edit the properties & workflow.
- This button appears only if your library administrator has defined one or more custom properties or a workflow for your document class.
- This button doesn't appear if you do a search in all your Google Drive files. However, it is shown when you use the AODocs search in folder feature.
Learn more: Search for files in your Team Folders and Secured Folders
Alternatively, you can:
- open your file in the Google Docs, Spreadsheets and Slides editor and press the Show / Edit the properties & workflow button in
- open your file in the in the Google Drive file preview and select Show / Edit the properties & workflow in the Smartbar menu
Note: If you use the navigation buttons in the Google Drive file preview, the Smartbar menu is no longer accessible.
2. The Document information pop-up opens. It has the following sections:
- title with a link to open the file
the Workflow Status section (if a workflow is associated with the document): displays the workflow status of the document, the transitions available and any comments added during the last action
Learn more: Perform workflow actions from Google Drive
- the Information section displays the system properties of the document
- the Properties section displays the custom properties defined in the document’s class, if any
3. If you have edit permissions on the document, an Edit button is displayed. Press it to open a pop-up where you can edit the document properties.
4. Scroll down to the Properties section and edit the required properties.
5. Press the Save button.