Libraries are document containers. A library is associated with a single storage account that owns all the documents of your library. Each library has its own specific configuration.
A Team Folder library is a type of library integrated in Google Drive. The creation of a Team Folder library is taking place in the Google Drive interface.
Note: This article describe how to create a Team Folder library from scratch.
- In Google Drive, you can also transform an existing Drive folder in a Team Folder library. Learn more here: Transform a native Drive folder into a Team Folder.
- In the AODocs interface, you can also copy a Team Folder or create a Team Folder from a template. Learn more here: Create a Library by Copy, Create a Library from a Template.
Important: Only the library creators can create a new library. This roles is defined and managed at the domain level by the by AODocs super administrators. Learn more here: Manage Library Creators.
1. Open Google Drive and click on the library picker.
2. At the bottowm of the drop-down menu, select “New Team Folder”.
3. In the library creation pop-up, enter the name of the new Team Folder.
Note: The library name can contain any kind of character (including special characters) but the library name must be unique (two libraries can not have the same name).
4. Select the storage account for your Team Folder.
Note: If you have only one storage account configured on your domain, it is selected by default. If several storage accounts have been configured, select the storage account you want to assign to this library from the list of available storage accounts. Learn more here: The AODocs storage account
5. Click on “Create”.
A success niotification appears when the library is created.
6. Access your Team Folder library:
- by clicking on the link in the success notification
- through the library picker
- in your My Drive