As a contributor on a document, you can notify by email any user, Google group, Microsoft 365 Group or Microsoft mail-enabled security group defined in the permissions of the document.
1. From an AODocs document, open the More actions menu and select Notify users.
Alternatively, in a view select a document and then select Notify users in the More Actions menu.
2. In the Notify users pop-up:
- add one or more users, Google groups, Microsoft 365 Groups or Microsoft mail-enabled security groups
– Type a contact's name in the To field. The name auto-completes with users who have access to the document.
– Press See document permissions to view all users who have access to the document.
- enter an email subject – by default the document name is added as the subject
- add a personal message (optional)
- select to send a copy to yourself (optional)
3. Press Send.
4. The users and groups receive an email notification from email@example.com, containing a link to the document.
– For Secured Folders and Document Management libraries, the link contained in the email notification opens the document in AODocs interface.
– For Team Folders, the link contained in the email notification opens the document in Google Drive.
– The email notification is sent in the language set in the library's locale.